No customer country in the email notifications

pablo_e
Contributor
Contributor

Suddenly a few days ago I started to receive numerous email notifications of purchases without the customer country, the customer address is correct but lacks the country. On Paypal dashboard I can see the country so Paypal has it.

Contacted the customer support several times regarding this and all I got was laconic answers copy/past style with no relation to the problem. Looks like they don´t even know what I´m talking about and to make things worse each reply from them (in the same conversation) comes from a different person, each with his own copy/paste style pseudo answers.

Paypal has been falling into a spiral of incompetence in the last 2-3 years and I´m starting to consider alternatives to receive payments.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

pablo_e
Contributor
Contributor

gamapro88
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this problem too.

other than the Country is missing. sometime the unit number is missing.

The "City" of the buyer changed to the seller's city.

I have checked my PayPal customer service. However they say there is no problem at their site.

I am having this problem for a few months.

Login to Me Too

pablo_e
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed. I went thru 10 different support reps and none of them understood the problem, they are just a bunch of incompetents. I´m moving away from Paypal to Stripe.

Login to Me Too

pablo_e
Contributor
Contributor

And now there is no US state in the email the seller receive when a payment is received.

Way to go Paypal! You insist in doing cowboy style programming.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.