No PayPal account

T0aster
New Community Member
I was paid by someone who used PayPal however that email was not connect to a PayPal account and now we don't know where the money is what do I do
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@T0aster 

What does it say next to the transaction in the senders Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date).....echeque, get the bank to stop it if they can. 

2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.......cancel it as the email it was sent to is non existant.

3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option...if not completed will time out 30 days post sending. However if the email belongs to someone else they may add it to a paypal account and claim the funds so keep an eye on it because if it has then read 4.

4. Payment or Sent.......if completed and they used goods/services then open a dispute for non receipt of item and as they have nothing to send you then you should get a refund. If they sent using friends/family then sadly you are out of luck as you sent a gift of money to someone, all you can do is reach out to them and ask for a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.