No Friends or Family Option to send payment

Viiper
Contributor
Contributor

im trying to send a payment as friend or family but the only option i see is to pay for goods or service and im not paying for any good or service, i just want to send my friend money, any reason why this occur?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Viiper

Not every country has the option to send using friends / family. I believe your country is one of those that can't unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Viiper

Not every country has the option to send using friends / family. I believe your country is one of those that can't unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Justme30
Contributor
Contributor

The answers on this post do not answer my question. I live in USA and the first 2 times I sent money to the same person it would ask me and then the next 2 times it didn't and she had to pay the fee. I tried to take her name out of the previously sent section and wouldn't let me take it out and didn't ask me if it was a friend or family.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justme30 

Course they don't, as I was replying to someone from Columbia not you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

thelma20133
Contributor
Contributor

There is a solution. read on

I live in US and has paypal since 2000.  My wife create an account today and send me $1.00 just for the heck of testing if the account work as expect. I am shocked to see only $0.67 in my account.  I start looking for what's going on.  First I thought my account was accidentally set as a merchant account or business account so paypal charge fee for merchant. any way make a story short.  Paypal has darn changed the user interface so it automatically use purchase protection and charge receiver fee as merchant or seller.  I keep trying back and forth but I can not find the option of family and friend anywhere on the web including this paypal forum.   Finally I accidentally hit the gift and discover the option to use purchase protection or send to someone you trust.  of course I choose latter. and boom, that is it.  I think paypal engineer purposely hide this option to charge fee for innocent people.  I call it legal robber. like it or not.  Anyway, this may not be new but hope it help someone who has this issue and does not want to be robbed by greedy corp like paypal.  I do not need kudos or any thumb up or anything.  I just want to help, so fewer people will fall into the crack to feed the greedy corp.  I know I am like a dinosaur and don't like the change but I am a very loyal paypal customer.

Login to Me Too

BUZZYBEE-1
Contributor
Contributor

please where do I  find this gift BUTTON I DESPERATELY NEED IT.

Login to Me Too

Schmood1971
New Community Member

It took me a LONG time to find this, but here it is.

1. Click Send & Request.
  2. Click Send.
  3. Enter the receivers name, email or phone number and click Next.
  4. Enter the amount you want to send. Click "Continue".
  5. This takes you to the preferred payment screen, with the "send payment" button at the bottom. But, at the top, in the box just under the amount you want to send, Click Change next to the default "paying for an item or service." this will allow you to change it to sending money to friend or family.

I wish I had found this prior to paying some hefty fees. I hope it helps someone else here.

Login to Me Too

M2K2

The “change” button does not show up for me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@M2K2 

As i keep saying its not available in every country, as you have not said which country you are in then can't advise.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Justme30
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I thought you would be able to tell where I was. I am in USA
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.