New company Xoom handling Paypal payments

MissJC01
Contributor
Contributor

I have just logged on to my Paypal and have tried to transfer the balance to my Debit card, which pre-lockdown I was able to do no problem. When trying to do so this time it asked me to link my card or account to my Paypal, which I'd have already done ages ago, all details the same as before. On trying to link my Debit card a message appeared to say that this bank may not support these transfers yet and to try doing it as a normal payment. I then had to pay myself from Paypal into my own bank. The transaction process took forever and it went through a company who is now working with Paypal called Xoom. The transaction cost me £1.99!! Usually it allows you the option to pay a friend or business, a friend doesn't have any fees and I definietly should not be paying fees to take my money out of Paypal to go into my bank. Can anyone shed some light on why the process had all changed? And if other people are now discovering the fee of £1.99 and there banks not supporting the transfer of monies?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

stuartwilliamsy
New Community Member

Same with me. PayPal introduced a new service called Xoom. Xoom charged me a €2.99 transaction fee for transfering some of my balance from PayPay direct into my bank account. PayPal previously charged no fee for this type of transaction. Would like PayPal to explain why they brought in Xoom and to confirm if balance transfer transaction will carry a fee or not? Stuart.

Login to Me Too

MissJC01
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve still not got an answer as to why this happened
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MissJC01 

@stuartwilliamsy 

Free to a bank account but you may have to pay to withdraw to a debit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.