New PayPal account isn't receiving money payments - but can send money and it is received

Joyellenmiller
New Community Member

A friend with a brand new PayPal account sent me money to test out his account. I received the payment in my account. Then I sent a payment to him - but he hasn't received the payment yet. It's been 2 days? Is there something we need to do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

cheers1955
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there!

Kindly make sure your friend's email address/es are confirmed (verified) by following the steps below:

1. Go to  Settings.
  2. Click Update next to the email address you want to confirm.
  3. Click Confirm this email and we'll send you an email.
  4. In the email we send you, click the Confirm your email button. At that time, you’ll be directed to the PayPal login page to enter your password and finalize the email confirmation process.

Once your email address is confirmed, you can accept payments and the money you receive will show in your PayPal balance. To be able to send payments, please ensure to link a bank account or a card to your PayPal account. If you send a payment that is greater than the amount on your PayPal balance, the difference will come from the bank account or card you have linked to your PayPal account.

Also, make sure that your friend's phone number was set up (categorized) as a mobile number and make sure that it's confirmed (verified) as well by following the steps below.

1. Go to your  Settings.
  2. Under the “Phone” section, click Confirm (or Update if you're updating your number) next to the phone number you want to confirm. Stay logged in and don’t exit from the window. We’ll send you a text message with a confirmation code. If you're updating a number, look for the confirmation link near the top of the page.
  3. Enter the confirmation code into the entry space provided on the screen to confirm your mobile.
  4. Click Validate.

If the confirmation of your mobile is successful, we will send you another text message to confirm that your mobile is now linked to your account.

Cheers!

Please don't forget to Kudos or Solution if this helps you out.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joyellenmiller 

If he is in the US as well then has he set up a paypal cash account?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ne6
I'm Also new to PayPal and I can't receive payment, PayPal sent me emails that I should deposit R1500 through pep instant money in order to activate my PayPal account and receive that money. Please help is that through???
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ne6 

Paypal does NOT ask you to do that, you must be receiving FAKE paypal emails and are being SCAMMED.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.