New PayPal Business Account

Luke_456
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a purchase on my new online store but I hadn't set up my PayPal business account yet so i only had the email address linked to the store as a paywall account. When i created the business account it appears to have automatically cancelled the PayPal payment 

Any idea how to rectify this or do i need to refund the customer and get them to purchase again? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Luke_456 ,

Is the email address on your online store the same email address you have used to create the Paypal Business account? If the payment was sent to that particular email address (that's on your online store), it should match the email linked to your Paypal Business account for you to receive it. 

Also, make sure that you still have access to this email since you would need to confirm the email address for you to receive payments. 

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Luke_456
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Mejoare

Yeah it is the same email address on my online store as the PayPal business account but it seems that when I created the business account it cancelled the payment from the customer. I send through the payment information in the contact us section via email - is it possible to have the payment redirected back to me so that I can ship the product to the customer? 

The email is confirmed and the business account is up and running now 

Login to Me Too

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Luke_456 ,

It will not be automatically canceled if you create an account but I think what happened was, when you created the account and payment got in, we normally would need to accept or deny the payment. Maybe it was accidentally denied, now since it went back to the customer's account they would need to initiate the payment or send it to you again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.