Never received refund for voided royal Mail label

Flatwhiters
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I have a very trivial but extremely frustrating experience and issue with the refund for a royal mail postage label.

I had voided a label for royal mail postage given that the label did not print properly, and had received an email confirming the cancellatiton of the label and the refund of the label. On the transaction page it shows as 'refund pending' for 3 weeks but no refund has ever been made.

I had called in Paypal more than 5 times and each time was either directed to the wrong department, been put on infinite hold and then had the line cut off, and bene told to 'wait' for another few days as 'royal mail had not approved it and there is nothing they can do.' ( which i learn btw is pure BS as royal mail confirmed that they have nothing to do with those labels and it was indeed paypal who is in charge of the refund of those labels.)

Today I logged in and to my surprise the transaction does not show the 'refund pending' status, but instead just shows 'completed'. It is extremely frustrating that not only do paypal not honor what I was promised, but after going through all that horrible customer service and false information from the extremely irresponsible representatives, the refund has suddently been ignored and made dissappeared. 

This is actually the 5th horrible incident I have had with paypal; I also have another label with a pending refund status that has been 3 weeks and again no sight of the refund.

What can I do and who should I contact on paypal to get my justice?

( P.S Has anyone ever gotten the experience that, despite whatever you wrote to paypal, you would always get a response that does not respond to your question? it is extremely frustrating that paypal treats their customer liken trash without the slightest bit of respect. )

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Flatwhiters 

RM have to approve the refund and can take up to 21 days post approval.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-is-paypal-shipping-and-how-does-it-work-faq1261

https://parcel.royalmail.com/help/help-and-support/#helpRefunds

Once received, we'll submit a refund request to PayPal within 5 working days. If your refund has been approved, PayPal will credit your account within 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.