Never received money sent to me

NikkiJay1
New Community Member

I have never had an issue like this before. I have been a member for over a decade. I have received funds from friends and family both through email, as well as phone number with NO ISSUES. Feb 26, 2019 however, my husband sent me $50 from his bank account (Go Bank which is a prepaid kind of deal). The bank apparently has the capacity, on their website to send money from the prepaid bank card account, to an outside Paypal account. He used that service to send me $50 to my paypal account using my phone number at first. I clicked on the link that was sent to my phone telling me i had money and needed to claim it. I clicked the link and claimed the funds and it said that the money is now in my account and I had to log in to view. When i logged in however, the account said $0.00. On HIS END however, it shows as claimed and was deducted from his account. My husband then sends me another $5 as a test to see if I would receive that one. I do the same as the first; I click the text link, it tells me the money is in my account, I log in, and it says $0.00. On my husbands end, again, it shows as claimed. He sends another $50 because at this point he thinks it is me and that I am not doing it correctly. I told him i will do it in front of him when I got home. I did so. And she witnessed the same thing. The last $50 remains pending on his end however, but it still says i have it in my account when paypal is still showing zero and no record of the transaction at all. I then tell him to try and send something using my email. He sends a second $5 using my email, and it goes through immediately, and i transfer it to my bank account immediately. Meanwhile, the other $105 send is now lost in cyber space. My husband has spend days on the phone with the Go bank customer service. They are saying the funds show received from paypal on their end, with the exception of the one $50 transaction still showing as pending. I have also spoken to 3 Paypal reps that continue to tell me the same thing--that they only see the $5 transaction sent with my email and that it was transferred to my back. Paypal has not given or offered me any other resolution to getting my funds back and I do not know what to do. I have sat on hold for over 3 hours waiting to speak to a supervisor or manager before finally hanging up and trying to find answers here. The only way to file a claim or dispute is on items purchased and never received or some other complaint about a seller, and my issue does not fit either. I am just looking for answers at this point because now my husband and I are out $105 that neither of us received and we don't have $100 bucks to throw away into cyber space. Please help! Has anyone else experience anything similar?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NikkiJay1 

Ask GObank to claw back the funds (dispute) that were actually claimed, maybe that will shake something up and help locate these funds if PayPal is not seeing it on their end, except for the $5 you withdrawn to your bank.

I just noticed that GoBank is operated by Green Dot...eh...they don't work well together. I did a search for gobank and PayPal and there is no mention whatsoever about transferring money between the two. I am not surprised there was issues with transaction(s).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.