Netflix wont allow my paypal account as payment method.

Nathalie92
Contributor
Contributor

Netflix wont allow my paypal as my payment method. It keeps saying somethings wrong with my paypal account. I have called netflix and they say it is an issue with my account. However netflix appears as active in my account. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nathalie92

If Netflix already appears on your Manage Automatic Payments page of your PayPal account then you're set.  Netflix will automatically withdraw the amount due each month and you'll receive a PayPal receipt when that happens.

Account Settings (wheel icon next to log out) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nathalie92
Contributor
Contributor

I know but it still wont allow my paypal account. I tried opening another account with netflix and use my same paypal, it gives me the same error message.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nathalie92

Is PayPal not listed in your Netflix account as the payment method? If it is not, go back to the Manage Automatic Payment page and cancel the active Netflix profile there. And then go to Netflix and re-link your account. I also suspect that you can only set up one PayPal account at a time as PayPal method and and any active Automatic Payment profile to Netflix has to be canceled first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

honzazav
Contributor
Contributor

i already canceled active subscribtion on paypal then canceled my account on netflix and tried to restart the membership but it still gives me the same message that "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.