Negative Balance

yvonbosch
Contributor
Contributor

So a week back I got three emails saying there wasn't enough funds in my bank account to pay for 3 payments. I decided to take money from my savings and transfer it to paypal to clear my negative balance. A couple days back paypal took money from my bank accounts for one of those payments while I already paid for all 3. And then today he took money again for another one of those 3. How can I stop that from happening.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yvonbosch 

If you have a failed bank transfer then paypal put your account into negative and try again a few days later, if that again fails they try any back up cards that you have linked.

IF in the meantime you clear that negative balance then the successful 'processing' payments from your bank account that paypal took when they get to your paypal account will be credited to your balance if the neg balance is already cleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yvonbosch
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I already paid of my negative balance. Paypal however keeps on taking money from my bank account for that paid of payment. I want paypal to stop taking money from me for an already paid of payment.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yvonbosch 

They don't keep taking it, they took it because you had a negative balance, once that negative balance was cleared it was too late to stop the already processing funds from your bank account that take several days to transfer to paypal.

Once they do they will be credited to your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.