Negative Balance & Automatic Withdrawal Concerns

blumingguk
Contributor
Contributor
On the 17th May, I had made a purchase with PayPal, but on the 20th it was declined due to insufficient funds and it was refunded into my bank account. I received a notification on the 21st about having a negative balance in my PayPal account and on the 22nd, I added money to my account using the same bank account, however PayPal had also made a automatic withdrawal from my bank. On the 22nd, I was received money in my PayPal and it paid of the negative balance with some money left over. On the 24th, the transaction was declined again, but I was only paid for one of automatic withdrawal that PayPal took from my bank account. The other has not appeared in either my bank account and my PayPal account. I am writing this because of my concern for the money that PayPal took. I am wondering if the amount that PayPal automatically withdraw will be refunded into my bank account or my PayPal account and how long will it take before it appears & I can access it again?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blumingguk 

If paypal took a payment from your bank account but the negative balance is already paid then when the funds have transfered to that balance (about a week) then they would be credited to that balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.