Need help with a refund for a fraudulent item on eBay paid with Paypal

yeahyoung0312
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, after I paid with Paypal (credit card, £1500+), seller added a fake tracking number in US which is different from the claimed item location (UK). I then Googled the item with serial number (should have done it before I paid, but it looked legit) and found out that the same item with the same pics appeared in a auction in US.

Before I could even raise a case through eBay, I've noticed on Paypal that the seller immediately issued a refund. Then I started a dispute about the payment through Paypal, and called both eBay and Paypal multiple times. I was told the refund was from a e-check, and I should to wait until the refund was completed.

Of course the refund didn't go through after 10 days (cancelled), but immediately another refund attempt was made. And due to this, eBay actually rejected my initial dispute. I called eBay, eBay told me to resolve this with Paypal. I called Paypal again, only to be told that no worries- I am fully covered. 

My question is: What game is the scammer playing?  And am I fully covered by the money back guarantee? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.