Need help making paypal balance preferred payment choice option

CapricornBlu
Contributor
Contributor

I selected my debit card as the preferred payment method in error. I want to use my paypal balance when making online purchases. i need paypal to be the preferred payment option, but i see no way to do this on the website. Grateful for any advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CapricornBlu 

I don't think using your paypal balance is available in your country, if you can't use it as a selected funding source then you can't have that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

christina8327
New Community Member

If you go to your "Wallet" in your PayPal account, it will list all of your payment options. Click on the one you want as your preferred method and select the "preferred or set as preferred" option and it should update in the column on the left of the screen. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Yzguy
Contributor
Contributor

I have this same exact issue.  I have called and chatted several times and have never gotten a resolution.  The only thing that shows up on my wallet is my bank info.  I have no way to add anything else.  

Why does my payments NOT come out of my PayPal money? Why do I even have the PayPal account?

I have been dealing with this the entire year of 2020. 🙁

Beyond frustrated....

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CapricornBlu 

I don't think using your paypal balance is available in your country, if you can't use it as a selected funding source then you can't have that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CapricornBlu
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.