Need advice, Digital river unauthorized pay, how to tighten security?

asukatenjou
New Community Member

I noticed today something odd in my account, I was charged about 10 euros from a company known as Digital river, I never dealt with them before and after a bit or research I found out they deal with digital transactions and services. I have checked all my accounts embedded to paypal and have not found anything related to them - just in case I did so - and really have no clue to how they managed to charge me.

I was wondering other than setting down a dispute, and changing all security questions and passwords, what else should I do? Should I consider my credit card in danger and cancel it? I heard sometimes some frauds charge small amounts before wiping your account clean to see if they get away with it.

Also has anyone else been scammed by these people? What did you do?

Login to Me Too
227 REPLIES 227

Sueslights88
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that... I know I haven’t set up any auto renews so I’ve been in touch 2 twice with them now and no reply so I’ve email a different address this time do hopefully something will get done. So annoying that PayPal agree to this!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sueslights88 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting Again...Digital river just handles the orders and payments submitted by partner companies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Inthi25
New Community Member
I would like to know why Digital River Gmbh has already charged me without authorization and I don't even know what this company is. Please, I want my money back.
Login to Me Too

Brokehelpmepls
Contributor
Contributor
Hello and HELP! I've just got 80€ removed form my bank account from this random **bleep** company that I've surly never ever seen or by any means ORDERED something WORTH 80€! I've already reported it so my question is does PayPal care?
Login to Me Too

tgeoff
Contributor
Contributor

just got hit by the same thing pay pal please cancel this payment as i did not consent to it.

I have removed my card from your system to protect from happening again till this is sorted

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tgeoff 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up....if you did then of course paypal would pay it when due, so you need to cancel it.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tgeoff
Contributor
Contributor
Sorted it was AVG thanks for your assistance
Login to Me Too

alanintheuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I was pre warned about a week ago that the money would come out. I recognised it as my AVG/VPN  anti-virus suite of software, thought I'd get around to changing to Express VPN and never did. Check your AVG account and see if it's been renewed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.