cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice, Digital river unauthorized pay, how to tighten security?

SOLVED

Re: Need advice, Digital river unauthorized pay, how to tighten security?

I had a similar charge attempted just this morning for $69.99. I have not ordered anything nor have I tried any type of free trial. I just happened to get a text from PayPal about it this morning . When I went to the website for digital river it couldn't find my order. Will be notifying my card issuer Monday. This is the text messege I got . PayPal: Your card issuer declined your payment. No other methods worked. Update how you pay DigitalRiver US Inc at <removed> $69.99 USD More details sent by email.

Contributor

Digital River is for Avast Computer Security, but this is not authorized by me... it was to be cancelled since I now have other protection for my computer.  They have been told to cancel any subscriptions and to discontinue service from them.  Thanks!  Judy Franken

Esteemed Advisor

@Judiann 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Unauthorised payment on my account from Digital river Ireland

On the 25th of November digital river Ireland took £39.99 from my PayPal account I had no warning from them that they were taking a payment, when I looked further they took the same amount last year. It was for avast protection - 2016 I had taken out 1 years avast protection for the sum of £14.99 I received no form of contract from digital river Ireland. How do I get them to refund my money? Do I have to approach them or can PayPal help? I have been through the security on my account to prevent anything like this happening again.
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Unauthorised payment on my account from Digital river Ireland

@Jodesi24

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

They did this to me too but debiting my credit card. It meant much effort till I finally could get in touch with them (phone nr. not working, email not working). I even got my money back and was promised that they will never again debit my credit card and that we have no business relations any loner. A month later they debited my card again (higher this time) and now all the fuzz starts again. What a shame! 

Highlighted
Contributor

Unauthorized payment

Hi there, i just had unauthorized payment to digital river ireland ltd. Don't know who they are. Any sallution?

Fraud transactions

I have been deducted £59.99p from my PayPal Account to a company I've never heard of "Digital River Island", how can I retrieve this amount as it's obviously FRAUD ?

Contributor

Digital river Ireland

I’ve had a payment go out to this compamy that I’ve never heard off!! I’ve asked for a refund but PayPal says it was authorised?? How do I get my money back?
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Digital river Ireland

@Sueslights88 

Digital River processes payments for various online services/subscriptions:

https://www.digitalriver.com

If you ordered online services/subscriptions like anti-virus software, graphic design programs subscriptions, Microsoft programs, etc, for instance, you may have a billing agreement set up in your automatic payments page of your PayPal account. Since these are pre-approved and set up as billing agreements, PayPal would deny the claim if it wasn't canceled prior to the charge therefore there is no billing error.

To check, go to: Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

You'll need to contact whoever you paid. There should be a PayPal email receipt for subscriptions/billing agreement payments so search for it in your email inbox according to date of transaction to find the merchant you need to contact and request a refund from.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂