Need a refund even though the orders dont show up in my activity

Tiller54
New Community Member

So i tried to buy a game from Origin today and the first two times i tried it said it failed, then i remembered that i had a VPN on, tried it a third time and it worked. The problem is PayPal charged my card for all 3 transactions but dont actually show up in my activity so i dont think i can request a refund. Is there someway to request a refund or is this something that should automatically sort itself out after a day or so?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tiller54 

Check your card account activity to see if they are marked as temporary authorizations. Should those duplicate transactions convert to completed transactions, report it to the card as duplicate transactions and let them know that the third transaction is the good one. Otherwise, if the duplicate authorizations were not converted to completed charges by the merchant then they will eventually expire on their own and disappear from your card account activity and the funds released.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.