My receipt for American Airlines flight purchase is showing incorrect last four of card?

HNWOLNEY
New Community Member

When I've purchased flights from American Airlines with PayPal in the past AA would send me confirmation that they've charged card ending in "correct last four of card I chose to pay with."

Today I purchased flights and when I got the confirmation the last four of the card AA said they were charging doesn't match any of the cards in my wallet. However, the purchase is pending on the correct card that I chose when I initiated the payment.

From the research I did it seems AA may have charged my "PayPal Key" however I have not signed up for PayPal Key and don't see any information about it on my profile so I am unable to match the random last 4 AA said it was charging to anything.

As far as I can tell, you have to sign up for PayPal Key in order to get your new virtual card number. So I am unsure where AA got this random last four from and worried my flight is going to get messed up somehow because of this mix up.

Any information anyone can provide on this situation would be really helpful.

UPDATE: I have signed up for PayPal Key to see if the last four AA said it charged would match the PayPal Key number and it did not.

Thanks,

Heather

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.