My paypal account and my bank account is charged for ebay shipping

Greenhouses
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account and my bank account are both charged for ebay shipping and has been for for some time. 

I have tried to contact paypal but no luck. Any suggestions on hows I can make this stop, and 

get back the hundred in extra fees I was double charged? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Greenhouses 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Greenhouses 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Greenhouses
Contributor
Contributor

No luck yet getting a hold of paypal. I have dug into this farther, for every shipping label that I have bought since last May, 

I have been charged twice, once from  my paypal balance and then from my bank account. That is 51 times they have double charged me 

and they owe my over $400 back. Not to mention that these overcharges have caused my bank account to be overdrawn four times. I am very unhappy with paypal right now. I know that I will probably get the typical runaround when trying to get my money back, but I don't see have they can possibly keep money that they overcharged.

Login to Me Too

Nanny67

This is happening to me too ! What should I do ? Has your issue been resolved ?

Login to Me Too

SlinkyDave
Contributor
Contributor

I have just recently experienced the same problem: PayPal is deducting the cost of shipments for my sales on ebay from my PayPal account--but then they are also charging the "backup funding source," my bank account (which is on a thin margin because I'm disabled and has resulted in multiple overdrafts.)

So now I have two fights on my hand: Persuade the bank to overturn the overdrafts, and figure out what on earth is going on with PayPal double charging customers on shipping.

I also am unable to find any options in either PayPal or ebay on preferences for payments on shipping. I have always listed PayPal as my first shipping payment option and always have enough there to cover those. There's no excuse for double charges.

Login to Me Too

Greenhouses
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry this is happening to you too. I had a feeling I wasn't the only one getting ripped off. 

And I'm not at all happy that someone marked the top of this page as solved, it is by no means solved,

they still have the $400 plus that they took from me.  

What gives them the right to say this problem is solved? Oh, I guess that would be the same right that allows them to steal our money. 

I hope that you get you overcharges returned to you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello Greenhouses,

I'm sorry to hear that you may have been double charged. That is understandably upsetting. I'm not sure who marked the solution for this thread but you would very likely need to contact customer service directly for additional assistance.

You may also look into filing billing error claims to dispute any duplicate payments. Here is more information on how to report a billing issue: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-a-billing-issue-faq3421

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Nanny67

Has your issue been resolved ? This is happening to me too !

Login to Me Too

SlinkyDave
Contributor
Contributor

No, I have yet to receive any relief on this matter. My bank closed my account for the overdrafts without resolving the double-billed issue, so at least PayPal is unable to charge me that way. But with no bank account linked to PayPal at the moment I cannot print ship labels through ebay nor withdraw money from PayPal for my own use. I am paying for shipments out of pocket, which have increased in volume recently because I assume the coronavirus quarantine has led to more people browsing for sale items online. I am curious to know just how many people have experienced this problem too, and how often and how recently, and if anyone has received suitable relief at any point. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.