My paypal account and my bank account is charged for ebay shipping

MikeE4
Contributor
Contributor

When I pay shipping as a seller on ebay, paypal debits my paypal account for the shipping and then my bank checking account is debited for the same amount.  I spoke to paypal and they said it was ebay.  I spoke to ebay and they said it was paypal.  I again spoke to paypal and they said that there had been a change in banking regulations that required that they do it this way but that I actually was only charged once.   They said that if I looked at my transaction history I would see that.  I looked at my transaction history and there is a debit for shipping and they debit my bank account for the same amount so it appears that I am paying twice for shipping.  Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikeE4

The charge on your debit is a back up. If you have enough funds in your PayPal balance, once the payment is captured by the USPS, then the back up on the debit card will drop off and the funds released. Click on the PayPal postage transaction itself in account activity and look at the details particularly, the "Paid by" section.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikeE4

The charge on your debit is a back up. If you have enough funds in your PayPal balance, once the payment is captured by the USPS, then the back up on the debit card will drop off and the funds released. Click on the PayPal postage transaction itself in account activity and look at the details particularly, the "Paid by" section.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.