My payment was declined

Sierragrover
New Community Member
I’m trying to pay the $-67.00 in my account and it won’t let me. I’ve tried putting my bank info, debit and credit card to pay it off and it still has declined. I have even put my photo ID in there and accepted it in my email. I’m so frustrated that my payment won’t go through. Can you help me?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sierragrover 

You can't add funds to a paypal balance via a card only a linked bank account BUT if you have had a failed bank transfer or neg balance then paypal sometimes block you using your bank account to reduce risk to them of it happening again.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

However as well as information in the link you can also maybe resolve it by purchasing something and funding it with a card, then sometimes paypal 'adds' the negative amount to the purchase and you clear it in one.

AND
 Sometimes the quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.