My neighbor wants to use paypal but is scared

MrEkor
Contributor
Contributor
He's like most older people and he doesnt trust typing in any personal information on any electronic device especially not bank info. Is there anyway he can link a prepaid debit card to paypal or something like that?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrEkor

Really? Not sure age has got to do with anything, wonder how old he would think an advisor on here is...........LOL

But yes you can get prepaid cards ...

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrEkor

Really? Not sure age has got to do with anything, wonder how old he would think an advisor on here is...........LOL

But yes you can get prepaid cards ...

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MrEkor
Contributor
Contributor
Well not really age but more of generational thing I guess haha but thanks for the quick answer just one more thing do you know if he can add the prepaid card to his account so he won't have to manually put the card number for every purchase? Not for automatic payments but purchases from places like eBay and such.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrEkor

Think i may be of the same generation....  Smiley Wink

But he can add a prepaid card and use it until the funds run out on that card.

Once added and linked to paypal he can use it like a balance until he needs to add another.

But he would be just as safe if not safer by adding a credit card to be honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MrEkor
Contributor
Contributor
Trust me I tried explaining how paypal works and why it's the best way to buy things online, & after he said "I'm not going to lie I didn't understand one thing you just said" ..lol so I thought I'd just come here for help & you were it thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.