My money

mandijo81
New Community Member

If you have a card linked to your paypal do you have to use the paypal card or can you use the card you linked to it? Meaning theres money in my paypal account none on the linked card and my paypal card was stolen so will the linked card worked as well too?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mandijo81 wrote:

If you have a card linked to your paypal do you have to use the paypal card or can you use the card you linked to it? Meaning theres money in my paypal account none on the linked card and my paypal card was stolen so will the linked card worked as well too?

You can select a different payment method during checkout on Review My Payment page including your PayPal balance. If your card is stolen, report it by logging into your account and click the Debit card button under the balance and then click "Manage My Card". The linked non-paypal card should work if there is funds on it. If the linked non-paypal card is the back up to your PayPal card, then if the stolen PayPal card was used and depleted the PayPal balance or the back up payment set to the card will be used. It may decline if there are not funds on the non-paypal linked card. All would be moot if the report of the stolen card was done asap.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.