My invoices are sending to customers in Arabic even though everything is set to English

boldandcurvy
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason I have had 2 customers contact me because my invoice payment screens are showing in Arabic and for one upside down. I reset my password because I was worried I was hacked, and sent a new invoice and it didn't fix the Arabic. Any fixes for this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @boldandcurvy 

Thank you for reaching out to our community center. I hope you are doing just fine.

If your customer has a PayPal account, we’ll automatically translate the invoice and email notification in to their language. If your customer doesn’t have a PayPal account, you can specify your customer’s language by clicking your recipient’s name or email, then choose select language.

Here's how to select the language:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Tools.
  3. Click Invoicing.
  4. Hover over "Settings" and click Address book
  5. Click on a contact or click Add new contact and fill in the details.
  6. Click Select language.
  7. Select the country and the language.
  8. Click Save.

Hope that helps. Take care.

Login to Me Too

boldandcurvy
Contributor
Contributor
All invoices for all my customers that are from the U.S. are showing as Arabic and they are not wanting to pay invoices because they are worried I was hacked. PayPal is currently a HUGE part of my business. Help!
Login to Me Too

boldandcurvy
Contributor
Contributor
I guess I should have replied and said that the above solution did not fix the problem unfortunately 😞
Login to Me Too

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @boldandcurvy 

Sorry for the late response.

I suggest that you contact us through our live chat support so that we can check your profile and make changes on our end if needed to fix this matter.

Kindly send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.

Login to Me Too

boldandcurvy
Contributor
Contributor
Tried live chat twice and my customers are still receiving invoices that when they get to the payment screen it is upside down and in Arabic.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.