My friend sent money to my old account that I don't have access to.

JellyBitz
Contributor
Contributor

My old account should be inactive for years and I gave it by mistake on mail extension, there is some way to refund the money as soon as possible?

My friend said he can't cancel, there is no button.

But there is a message about "Payment Received 15/09/2018" (6 days after sent):
"The recipient has a lifetime limit to send, spend or withdraw. Upon reaching limit time, the recipient must take certain actions to lift the limit."

I don't remember if I had verified email in this account, but I check the mail and it said "Has received money" title. So I can't to know if is unclaimed (should be, right?), or completed because it's says "received", means completed automatically? ..

How long I'll need to wait for cancel, wait for 6 days to cancel button appears? or 30 days to refund? like I read another topic if is unclaimed.

If I can't find a fast answer my last option is try to recover my old account with a international call (where I could to check paypal phone numbers with his language?)

I'm a bit scared to lost my money and I need an answer, I appreciate all your help. thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JellyBitz wrote:

But there is a message about "Payment Received 15/09/2018" (6 days after sent):
"The recipient has a lifetime limit to send, spend or withdraw. Upon reaching limit time, the recipient must take certain actions to lift the limit."

Where are you reading this message? Your friend’s email?

@JellyBitz wrote:

I don't remember if I had verified email in this account, but I check the mail and it said "Has received money" title. So I can't to know if is unclaimed (should be, right?), or completed because it's says "received", means completed automatically? ..

How long I'll need to wait for cancel, wait for 6 days to cancel button appears? or 30 days to refund? like I read another topic if is unclaimed.

The email address seems to be Verified with PayPal because you checked it and you see the PayPal Payment Received confirmation email. So, you cannot try to recover or reset your password with that email address? Since the email address is registered, the payment is in that account and it will not go back to the sender. The only way the sender can cancel or wait for the money to go back after 30 days is if the email address was never registered to a PayPal account. So you need to recover the PayPal account by recovering or resetting the password. You have access to the email address so it won’t be hard to do that. When you go to log in page, click forgot password and enter that email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.