My friend can no longer access his account. How does he get his money

M_CRESS
Contributor
Contributor

I sent him some money two months ago. To the paypal he no longer uses. He doesn't have the phone he used to have and he doesn't have the bank account he used to have either. Whenever he calls to change his password, the paypal people want to verify him (via the phone he no longer has, or the bank account he no longer has.) What can we do to get him this money? -Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@M_CRESS 

Then it has gone through successfully to that paypal account so he needs to regain access as you can't file a dispute to get it back again as you sent it using the family / friends option.

Tell him to phone again and ask customer services if they can verify him via his security questions instead and then link his new phone for him, he may hit lucky and get an agent with a brain cell.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@M_CRESS 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending / Unclaimed.
2. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Completed / Sent.
4. Pending / Uncleared.
5. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

M_CRESS
Contributor
Contributor
It shows "Money Sent"
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@M_CRESS 

Then it has gone through successfully to that paypal account so he needs to regain access as you can't file a dispute to get it back again as you sent it using the family / friends option.

Tell him to phone again and ask customer services if they can verify him via his security questions instead and then link his new phone for him, he may hit lucky and get an agent with a brain cell.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.