My ebay refund has gone to a stranger!

FabMike72
New Community Member

Hi,

I recently purchased an item from eBay.  The item never arrived and I messaged the seller to let them know.  The seller asked if I could wait one more week - which I did, but my item never arrived.  I was about to formally request a refund when the seller automatically issued the refund and closed the case.

The problem is that the seller issued the refund to a credit card not known to me.

The other problem is that I did not use Paypal to purchase the item - rather I used Afterpay with my Visa card.

The seller, however issued the refund to a Mastercard.  I do not even own a Mastercard.

I hope someone can help me.  Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BobDooDah
Contributor
Contributor

I would contact AfterPay it should be their responsibility. https://help.afterpay.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Login to Me Too

FabMike72
New Community Member

Thanks.  I have contacted Afterpay but would also like to ask for the best link to Paypal resolution as i believe the refund email I received from Paypal may be fake.

Login to Me Too

BobDooDah
Contributor
Contributor

The best way to get in contact with PayPal is their messenger or one of their social media pages. But they suck any way you try and contact them. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.