My bank statement shows a $900 pizza charge

RyanH4
Contributor
Contributor

The transactions to Paypal* Just mentioning that, it isn't a random bank statement rant, its definitely PayPal related.

In all honesty I doubt the community can help but hey, I can't find where to e-mail them, only do an online chat (where they're offline) so here goes.

I made a ~$850 payment about 2 weeks ago, apparently Paypal never actually charged my Visa which was connected, I then bought pizza for dinner tonight and now I have a ~$900 pizza transaction on my bank statement. This seems super dodgy and unprofessional to just group charges and also if I then need to disupte my payment for the ~$850 I need to then assume that they accept my transaction that apparently went through a pizza shop.

Any advice on an e-mail address or something to get this looked at?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RyanH4 

If you have a negative balance then paypal will 'clear' it when you next pay for an item as per their user agreement.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AU#unauthorized-transactions

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RyanH4
Contributor
Contributor
I'm fine with the money coming out, but I'm also trying to get a home loan approved and what kind of bank would give someone a home loan when they're spending $900 on pizza? The bank statement is my issue, not the money coming out. If my insurer argues about it I can't even show proof on my statement unless they're happy to agree I paid them via a pizza shop.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.