My Seller’s Money is on Hold Past Date I was Given (3/29)

pipette_squirre
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I purchased an item in Indonesia for $550 and sent it via Paypal Goods and Services. I was notified funds would be released on 3/29, and as of today the seller informs me they still have not been released. He claims it will take 21 days and Paypal chat customer service was not helpful. In your experience, has the date past when the buyer was notified funds would be released ever been earlier than the day funds were actually released? Edit: Funds have to be released before I can get my item as certain documentation is necessary and was covered under the funds sent 😕
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @pipette_squirre 

Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope that you are doing just fine.

When a payment to seller is held, it normally takes 21 days before it automatically release on their account. 

Here's an option to help your seller get access to your payment without waiting 21 days.

Kindly make sure that you are logged in to PayPal's website on a browser instead on the mobile app then follow the steps below to confirm receipt. 
  1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

Hope this helps. Stay safe. 🙂

Login to Me Too

pipette_squirre
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Elloisa, 

Thank you for letting me know. I was informed this would prevent my ability to file a dispute or claim for not receiving the package/failure to delivery. Is this true?

Also, even if I cannot file for failure to delivery, I should still be able to file if the item received is not as described based on the "Significantly Not as Described" Buyer Protection, correct? 

Thank you so much! 

Karen 

Login to Me Too

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@pipette_squirre 

Hi Karen!

Thank you for your response.

If you followed the steps for confirming receipt, it does not mean you lose the ability to file a dispute against the seller if item is not received. That means you can still file for "Item not received" dispute if the seller failed to deliver the item. 

Regards,

Elloisa

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.