My Payments are on Hold.

Kuljinder
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Guys,

I hope you are doing well today!!

I'm not selling anything here on PayPal. I've received the amount from Freelancing Platform Upwork and today I withdraw my money into my account. I have received the payments before but there was no hold at that time but this time payments are on hold why? May I know the detailed reason. Still, I'm not selling anything here. I'm a freelancer and I provide services to my offshore clients. Please help me asap. Regards,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kuljinder 

You are ''selling'' a service so are subject to the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kuljinder
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass

Do you know about Upwork? That's a freelancing Platform. And I'm performing work for my clients over Upwork and they pay me via Upwork and I transfer my money from Upwork. I'm not giving any services to Upwork. Did you understand what I mean?

Let me know if you still need any more clarity.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kuljinder 

Yes but if they are ''sending'' you the funds using the goods/services option then you will always be viewed as a seller.

The only other way to ''send'' a payment is using the friend/family option BUT that is not what these sites use and are not available in every country.

Also if it was not a payment sent as a gift paypal rules say you can't use it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.