My Dispute money didnt come through!

DreamStaff
New Community Member

I have won 2 disputes! but my money didnt get refunded! im missing the money i have won from the dispute! did paypal take my money?!?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DreamStaff

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hello @DreamStaff

Thank you for your post! I can understand wanting to know where your refund is. The information that @kernowlass gave is correct if you paid with a card. If you paid with a bank or your PayPal balance, the money will go back to your PayPal balance when the refund completes. 

I would recommend logging into your PayPal account and going to your Activity. Within there, it will show you the recent transactions and their details. You can then click on the refunded transaction and find out how it was paid and where it was refunded to.

I hope this helps!

Callie

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Callie

In the UK it appears that refunds that were paid via a bank transfer are being automatically transfered to a bank account as per link below.

Is that correct now?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

• If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund.
  • If your payment came from your bank account, it will be refunded to that bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

@kernowlass

You are correct that in the UK, the money will be refunded back to the bank automatically! 

Callie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.