My Client claims she sent a duplicate payment - can't find two payments for the invoice number.

MJoVA
New Community Member

Hi, I see someone recently reported a similar issue, appears to have been answered, but can't see the answer - so, apologize for asking a similar question:

• I sent an invoice to my client at the end of May
  • This week she notified me she inadvertently sent the payment twice
  • I see only one payment for this invoice - and no 'reject' for a second payment
  • Client is away for the holiday weekend, but I have sent her an email asking if her bank has notified her that the second payment has been 'bounced' by PayPal as a duplicate
  • My question: should I be able to see a 'bounced' payment (for invoice already paid) on my PayPal account?
  • If yes, is there a special link I should use to access these items?

Thanks for your help!

MJoVA

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Joy

Hi @MJoVA,

If a buyer paid an invoice that you sent them and the payment did not complete, you would see that on the transaction details. I see you've stated that you only see one payment that has completed within your account. I suggest having the buyer reach out to our Customer Support in order to see why they may have been charged twice. 

They can contact our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. They can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.