My Approved Payments - Doesn't Identify Vendor

rbowen
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Business PayPal account in the USA.

When I go to My Preapproved Payments .....

Log-in -> Tools -> All Tools -> Recurring -> (from within the 'Recurring Payments Dashboard') -> My Preapproved Payments ->  (from the My Preapproved Payments Page) -> Preapproved Payment Plan

.....  I see my 4 Preapproved Payment Plans that I apparently authorized several years ago.  However, I can not remember what service or subscription they were for, nor can I find any records for them on my computer's hard drive for them.

Unfortunately, no-one at PayPal is willing or able to tell me what entity (person or company) is charging me for a service or subscription - but PayPal is nonetheless OK with paying them from my account.

Maddening.

The *only* identification of sorts appearing on the page for each transaction/payment plan is a 'Preapproval Key'.  For instance, one from my account:  PA-8MJ92398NG061193G.  (See attached photo, below)

The PayPal reps I talk with have no idea what that signifies, who generates it (whether PayPal or some other entity), nor how to figure out what transaction it refers to (ie, what person or company I am paying the stated amount on the stated date each month for whatever service or subscription).

Can anyone help me 'reverse engineer' that so I can figure out what I'm paying for & to whom?

And I don't want to just cancel it because in the event it's for a subscription to a software, for example, that I might resume using in a while but find I can't, the subscription fee might be significantly higher if/when I have to re-subscribe in order to use it again.

If anyone knows how to get through PayPal's mind-boggling bureaucracy to someone who might be able to help me with this problems, please let me know.

Thanks,

Richard B.

PayPal - My Preapproved Payment.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rbowen 

That's because the vendor is YOU. lol

When you look in Tools menu (which contains your selling tools) for the Recurring Payments Dashboard, those are YOUR customers' pre-approved payments, paying you for services or other reason. According to the photo, it looks like the person deactivated the recurring payment with you.

Here is documentation about the Recurring Payments Dashboard:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/recurring-payme...

If you're looking for automatic payments/pre-approved payments where you are the customer paying other vendors/merchants for services go to:

Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Can't believe actual paid PayPal Reps are untrained, no clue about the product they are hired to service.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rbowen
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thanks for the reply.  But I am definitely not in "My Customers" .  🙂

When I click on Tools, pull down the menu & click on All Tools, it tales me to the PayPal Tools and Resources page. 

From there I scroll down & click on Recurring.  

That takes me to the Recurring Payments Dashboard.  Halfway down the page is where My Customer - that you're referring to - is located.  But I'm not going there.  Instead, halfway back up the page, I click on My Preapproved Payments page.  

On My Preapproved Payments page, I click on Preapproved Payment Plans, where it shows me my 4 Preapproved Payment plans that I can't identify.

You sound like you know a lot about PayPal - a lot more than me, anyway.  But I'd say we're talking about two different PayPal "formats" or "layouts" or whatever.  Mine is a US-based Business Account.  I can take a handful of screenshots  (or a video, it I can upload it here) so you can see the path I take to get to my 4 Preapproved Payment plans.

And thanks for pointing out that the one I happened to show you is Deactivated.  I deactivated it - rather than cancel it - becasue that way I can re-activate it if I want to, sometime.

I opened that 1st one to show you the detail (where you noticed it was Deactivated).  So I've attached a screenshot of the summary page showing each of the (unopened) preapproved payment plans).  When I looked at it again. after yr reply, I noticed that they seem to indicate the PA Key is from JVZoo.  

(You might be familiar with JVZoo, but if not:  JVZoo is a 3rd-party platform at the back-end of the process, so That after PayPal pays the Vendor the price of the product I'm purchasing, then JVZoo, in turJVZoo - PA Keys - My_Preapproved_Payments_PayPal-.pngn, delivers the product to me.)

So I sent a Support Ticket into JV Zoo asking them A) whether that PA Key is generated by them; and, B) if so, how can I use it to identify the Vendor & the product/service/subscription.  Hopefully they'll be able to help me.

Thanks for yr help, to-date.

Richard

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.