Multiple phone text messages to confirm transaction

dazau
Contributor
Contributor

After placing an order, I have received 3 SMS messages on my phone asking "Did you pay $$ AUD to <seller name> on 8 December 2019? Reply 1 if yes or 2 if no. [Reply Needed] ". Message comes from Paypal, from a number I have previsouly received Paypay notifications from. Despite saying "1" for yes, I am still getting these and wondering if this is a problem, known issue or something I should be concerned about.

THanks

D.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Jolly
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this problem.

I made a purchase at 5-Mar-2020 at 11:19 Adelaide time (UTC+10:30).

This was a legitimate purchase, and so far there has one transaction recorded in Paypal.

The message read (at 11:22)

[PayPal] Did you pay $xxx.00 AUD to

<Removed> on 4 March 2020. Reply 1

if yes or 2 if no. [ Reply Needed]

11:22

12:22

12:25

13:23

13:44

It looks as if the Paypal system is re-sending the confirmation request one hour after the previous request - as if it never detected any reply at all.

(perhaps some part of their system is overloaded/down ?)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

That's interesting. It does sound like there may have been a technical issue of some sort, @Mark_Jolly. Generally, texts from PayPal will come from 72972, since this number is "PAYPAL" on a telephone touchpad. However, it is always best to log into your PayPal account to double-check your transactions and activity. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.