Money

abbyklee
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys. I sent money to someone via credit card. They sent it back to me. How do I put that money back on my credit card? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_nikki
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @abbyklee,

Thank you for reaching out. 

If the funds are already available in your PayPal balance, you can move the money out in 2 ways:

Instant transfer using your eligible debit card or bank account (Estimated arrival: about 30 minutes)
  1. On your Summary page, click Accept the Money. If you have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account click Transfer Money.
  2. Click Transfer to your bank.
  3. Select your debit card or bank account under the "Instant" section, and click Next.
  4. Fill in the amount you are transferring and click Next.
  5. Review the details of your transfer, then click Transfer $XX Now.
  6. Click Done to complete the transfer.

Note:

Standard transfer to your bank account (Estimated arrival: 1 business day)

1. On your Summary page, click Accept the Money. If you have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account click Transfer Money.
  2. Click Transfer to your bank.
  3. Select your bank account under the "Standard" section, and click Next.
  4. Fill in the amount you are transferring and click Next.
  5. Review the details of your transfer, then click Transfer $XX Now.
  6. Click Done to complete the transfer.

Note:

• PayPal does not charge any fees when you transfer money from your PayPal account to your bank account through standard transfer. Some banks may charge a fee for transfers. Contact your bank directly for more information.
  • PayPal is not able to transfer money to or from any accounts without your permission.
  • Transfers made after 7:00 PM ET or on weekends or holidays may take longer.
  • All transfers are subject to review and could be delayed or stopped if we identify an issue.

Hope this helps. 

Nikki 

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @abbyklee 

I hope all is well.

Please be advised that once a refund is initiated, the money will automatically go back to its original funding source. It sometimes takes 5-7 business or up to 30 calendar days (bank dependent).

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.