Money

Shomylong
Contributor
Contributor
I have been having difficulties contacting PayPal. I couldn’t accept money so I refunded the amount. Pay pal additional took more money out of my bank acct instead of the money that was already in my pay pal. So now I’m out of 2 payments.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shomylong 

If you couldn't accept it then it surely would not be in your paypal balance to refund so it would come from your bank account?

If its not in your balance and you don't accept it then it would time out at 30 days and go back to the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shomylong
Contributor
Contributor
It’s in there. It has the amount. And my buyer showed me what her PayPal says which it refunded the money out of my bank acct and not my pay pal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shomylong 

if its in your balance but 'pending' then you can't refund it until it clears so paypal would take it from your bank account.

OR

paypal no longer return the fee you were charged as part of any refund you issue, so if you only have the buyers payment in your balance (minus the fee) then there would not be enough in there to fully refund so again it would be taken from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shomylong
Contributor
Contributor
Okay that makes sense. But pay pal won’t allow me to transfer my balance. It keeps saying somethings wrong.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.