Money transferred in error

Ali217
Contributor
Contributor
Somebody please help #Paypal haven't responded to me!!! I transferred money via friends and family to an incorrect email address. I tried to cancel it it wouldn't let me it came from my bank account. It was the small hours of the morning, I'm extremely sleep deprived with a baby, I panicked fired an email to the accidental recipient, try to request the money back for the recipient (at least twice because I made a mistake with the amount), and then in a panic dispute the payment ( which was turned down and really wasn't the appropriate course) I know I should have been more logical. Now the accidental recipient thinks I'm a scammer and is understandably frustrated at this crazy lady messaging him. However he replied to say that the money has gone out of his account again. I politely email back saying I hope this was resolved but if the money pops and his account against transferred it back. However PayPal hasn't cancelled the payments on my paypal account (I've messaged the resolution centre and tweeted them) and I'm worried that they're going to try take it out my bank account. How soon do people get back to people it feels like it's been ages??? Does the failed dispute mean that they don't acknowledge me? #urgent #paymenterror
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ali217 

Gosh what a mess.

Firstly if you sent using f/f then the only dispute you could open was unauthorised, that is telling paypal your account was hacked and the transaction made without your consent, paypal would check IP addresses and see you did make the transaction and close it.

Secondly if the recipient issued a refund to the 'mad lady'...LOL then does it show as a refund has been issued to you?

If so then the funds will probably still leave your bank account but if refunded will process back to that bank account again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.