Money transfer

2156norman
Contributor
Contributor
My friend transfer money to me worth 500$ but when transferring did i need to pay the google card for that althought its written there im kind of nervous cause I already paid 25$ and now hes asking me for another 25$ ao im kind of alarm
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@2156norman 

Friend? Really?

You never need to use any type of gift card for anything paypal account related and especially not to receive funds.

Why would paypal use google anyway?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@2156norman 

Friend? Really?

You never need to use any type of gift card for anything paypal account related and especially not to receive funds.

Why would paypal use google anyway?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

2156norman
Contributor
Contributor
So that a scam but why he showing me invoice that written there that i need to have a google card to complete the process ? And since im checking it yesterday i believe its for google play store right?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@2156norman 

If he sent you a invoice then its for you to pay him not the other way around.

You don't 'send' an invoice with payment, the seller sends an invoice for the buyer to pay.

If he sent it saying he paid then its a scam invoice made to look as if he has paid but if no money in your paypal balance then again its a scam.

But hey if you don't believe me carry on sending your 'friend' what he asked, if you get scammed for more money then thats your issue really.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

2156norman
Contributor
Contributor
I know but he said hes using bussiness paypal that it has something like that if i only i can show the invoice he sent me thats why i really alarmed i lost alot and i have nothing left since i dont jave worked right now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.