Money to wrong email

Scrum1
New Community Member
Hi, I've just sent money to the wrong email (missing one character) it now says payment pending as this is probably not a valid email account anyway. Is there a way for me to cancel the transaction to get the funds back in my account. Regards Shane
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scrum1 

There is only a cancel option if the email address is non existant so if there is a cancel option then use it.

If there is NOT a cancel option then it normally means that the email address is valid but not yet linked to a paypal account.

So if it says that it will 'time out' at 30 days post payment AS LONG AS it is not claimed by that incorrect email address and linked to a paypal account to claim it.

If that happens then you may have to open a dispute to get your funds back so keep an eye on the status of the transaction.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scrum1 

There is only a cancel option if the email address is non existant so if there is a cancel option then use it.

If there is NOT a cancel option then it normally means that the email address is valid but not yet linked to a paypal account.

So if it says that it will 'time out' at 30 days post payment AS LONG AS it is not claimed by that incorrect email address and linked to a paypal account to claim it.

If that happens then you may have to open a dispute to get your funds back so keep an eye on the status of the transaction.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.