Money that came in does ot match amount going out

Ashirodrake
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, so I had 196.34 us enter my account, and I only have a transfer for 160cdn going to my bank. The total in cdn should actually be 256.18, but there is no record of any other transfer to my bank?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashirodrake 

When withdrawing, the exchange rate at time of withdraw + 3.0% conversion fee is used.

TIP: the exchange rate you see from Google is never the rate used because PayPal has their own exchange rate. PayPal has a currency calculator in the PayPal Balance on the Wallet page. Even then you'll probably get the ball park or a different rate altogether depending on when you actually withdrawal.

You may only withdraw the funds in Canadian dollars. We do not permit foreign currency withdrawals, including U.S. dollar withdrawals to USD-denominated accounts or debit cards. In order to withdraw funds in your account held in another currency you will have to convert the currency to Canadian dollars, or it will be converted for you at the time of your withdrawal.  PayPal’s currency conversion rate, including our currency conversion fee, will be used.

If PayPal converts currency, it will be completed at the transaction exchange rate we set for the relevant currency exchange. The transaction exchange rate is adjusted regularly and includes a currency conversion fee applied and retained by us on a base exchange rate to form the rate applicable to your conversion. The base exchange rate is based on rates within the wholesale currency markets on the conversion day or the prior Business Day; or, if required by law or regulation, set at the relevant government reference rate(s).

(What does that even mean, really? (Rhetorical question.) It's transaction exchange rate du jour.)

Currency conversion fees

For any of the following transactions that involve a currency conversion, the currency conversion fee is a minimum of 3.5% for Canadian or U.S. dollars, or a minimum of 4.0% for all other currencies, or such other amounts as may be disclosed to you during the transaction*:

• Paying for goods or services in a currency other than the currency the goods or services are listed in.
  • Sending money to a friend or family member such that they receive a different currency from the currency you pay in.
  • Sending money using PayPal’s Payouts or MassPay products such that your recipients receive a different currency from the currency you pay in.

For all other transactions involving a currency conversion, the currency conversion fee is a minimum of 3.0%, or such other amounts as may be disclosed to you during the transaction*.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.