Money taken from bank account and I cant get the item I purchased

Mirza9
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy game from Steam and I added it to my cart and tried to complete the payment. I got shown Paypal window and I logged in and completed checkout process. After that money was taken from my bank account, but the game is still shown to be in cart and it has not been payed. In my history on Steam it says transaction Failed, it says "This purchase failed, Steam was not able to accept payment from your payment provider.". I cant see the payment on my Paypal account and because of that I cant file a complain and do anything. I have tried to message customer support here on Paypal, but there are no agents online. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mirza9 

Review at your bank account activity, it should say if it is pending with the funds held awaiting the money to be claimed if the merchant can't claim the funds because the order failed, the transaction will expire. Of course, your bank will notify you of the payment/transaction but the status of it is important.

Response from PayPal will take longer because of reduced staff. You can call your bank to see if they can cancel or void the pre-authorization.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mirza9 

Check your bank account to see if the funds are marked as pending and held. The funds are typically on pending hold for the merchant to capture the payment, if merchant can't do that, the pending hold of the funds will expire in no longer than 30 days. Beyond 30 days contact your bank to void the hold or PayPal customer service to void the hold to release the funds by sending a message:

https://www.paypal.com/ba/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Login to Me Too

Mirza9
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker I got the text message on my phone from the bank saying The payment was deducted from my bank account. They send that each time I make a new payment and in that text message current ammount of my bank account is shown. So I think the payment was already deducted and I dont think it is in pending state.

I already tried messaging in resolution center and on facebook, but on both platform I get the message there are no active agents.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mirza9 

Review at your bank account activity, it should say if it is pending with the funds held awaiting the money to be claimed if the merchant can't claim the funds because the order failed, the transaction will expire. Of course, your bank will notify you of the payment/transaction but the status of it is important.

Response from PayPal will take longer because of reduced staff. You can call your bank to see if they can cancel or void the pre-authorization.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.