Money sent to wrong email address

Tony147
New Community Member
Hi, Please can somebody help? Absolutely tearing my hair out here with frustration. Just sold a couple of low value items on ebay. Buyers have sent the funds but nothing showing at my end. Totally my error!! Didnt confirm the paypal address on the listing and the funds have been sent to an email address I havent used for years and have no idea how to get access to it. Obvious answer is for the buyers to cancel the transactions but paypal wont let them. How on earth do I resolve this? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tony147 

The buyers would have to PayPal dispute their funds back in 7 days (as that's how long one has to wait to file a purchase protection dispute) on the premise that they have not received their goods, there will be no response from you since that email address is dead and PayPal will rule in their favor and refund money. But in the meantime you can send PayPal invoices to the buyers to make payment to your correct PayPal email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tony147 

The buyers would have to PayPal dispute their funds back in 7 days (as that's how long one has to wait to file a purchase protection dispute) on the premise that they have not received their goods, there will be no response from you since that email address is dead and PayPal will rule in their favor and refund money. But in the meantime you can send PayPal invoices to the buyers to make payment to your correct PayPal email address.

Login to Me Too

Tony147
New Community Member
Wonderful!! Thank you for the response and advice. Greatly appreciated. 👍
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tony147 

You're welcome! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.