Money sent to wrong email address & no cancel button!

Lavendes
Contributor
Contributor

So my parter was buying something from Facebook market place, went to send money to the person he was buying off but missed the numbers on the end of their email address. Eg: <removed> instead of <removed>

He has tried looking for the 'cancel' button but its not there, the only option he has it to 'repeat transaction' 

He has sent an email to the one that was sent incorrectly and waiting on a reply but i wont wondering if theres anything else that could be done that would be a guaranteed refund as its a large sum on money? Instead of just hoping this person replies back and is willing to refund my partner his money instead of just keeping it!

Thankyou in advance!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lavendes 

oh dear, if you have the option of 'repeat transaction' then it sound as if you used the friends/family option, can you confirm? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lavendes
Contributor
Contributor

I unfortunately can’t confirm this at the moment but if that was so - is there any chance of getting it back?

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lavendes 

Well i would need to know how you ''sent'' it first????

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lavendes
Contributor
Contributor

okay, well i can't get that information until tomorrow now as this post if on behalf of my partner 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lavendes 

ok hopefully someone may be around tomorrow, I have to go Christmas shopping.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.