Money sent to different email

mickaiix
Contributor
Contributor
My boss sent me money on different email now I claimed it through my gmail account and then it prompted that I have received it but when I looked at my account there was none. I tried to click the link the paypal email sent me to confirm the email but still no money sent to my account. PLEASE HELP. Thank you!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi mickaiix, 

If your boss sent you the money to a different email address is it possible that this email address is attached to a different PayPal account and this would explain why you are not seeing the payment. Is this email address attached to your existing PayPal account? If not then I would check to see if you have two accounts. Try logging in using the email address the payment was sent to. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

GoBears1
New Community Member
I checked that by trying to log in and no account exists with that email. When I log in with my other email associated with the account, the money is not there. How can he send me money and get a confirmation when an account doesn’t exist?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @GoBears1

That's a great question! 

A person is able to send a payment to someone that doesn't have a PayPal account. You will receive an email confirming you have received the payment. But, it will ask you to create an account. The best thing you can do is add the email address to your already registered account and confirm the email to receive the payment. I hope this helps. 🙂 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.