Money on hold

Kcecil78
New Community Member
I sold some items and the buyer sent the money to PayPal but they put a hold on it and now the buyer is trying to be very persistent on me shipping the items out even though PayPal has a advisory stating not to ship out until they can verify the funds but the buyers being very persistent that they can't release the funds until they received the items and it's okay to go against PayPal's advisory to hurry up and send the items out so the buyer could release the money is this a scam?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kcecil78 

If in your PayPal account, the money is indicated as Received & put On Hold but held in the Unavailable Balance section and when you click on the transaction record itself for details and it says you can ship in the section "What should I do now?", then go ahead and ship. Click the Print Shipping Label button so you can buy a postage label and have the tracking number automatically uploaded to the transaction. When PayPal is able to confirm delivery, PayPal will release the funds to you.

If the transaction status says "Pending" and when you click on the transaction and it says that payment has to be cleared first, then do not ship.

More info:

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer/sender to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped (with or without tracking info).

Buyer/Sender: To confirm receipt of an order/item

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kcecil78
New Community Member
When I click on the details it shows the money but there's a message from PayPal that says do not ship until they review the funds but the buyer is trying to tell me that PayPal always says that not to ship it but it's okay to go ahead and ship it out, now the buyers being very persistent for me to ship it but when I looked at the details as well now it's showing there's an open dispute associated with that payment
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.