Money on hold (UK)

Ohlunalane
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I received a payment from a buyer. I added the shipping information and she received the item (she sent me a picture) after two days. Now my money are still on hold. The only “help” I received is “to put the tracking information on the item” that is completed then they said “the buyer need to confirm that she received the item”. I asked her and she said she received an email but there isn’t any link or page she can confirm it. What do I do now? It is not fair I can’t take my money.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MoSaid1
Contributor
Contributor

The funds should be available 21 days after the buyer pays or 3 days after the estimated delivery date (if no was tracking provided but the item was marked as dispatched)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

MoSaid1
Contributor
Contributor

The funds should be available 21 days after the buyer pays or 3 days after the estimated delivery date (if no was tracking provided but the item was marked as dispatched)

Login to Me Too

Ohlunalane
Contributor
Contributor
I have added the tracking information so I don’t know why they didn’t unlock my money after 3 days. But ok, I’ll wait the rest of the 21 days. I was just afraid to not receive my money at all.
Login to Me Too

MoSaid1
Contributor
Contributor

Don't worry most of paypal's employees have to work from home due to covid 19 so some delays should be expected

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ohlunalane 

Its delivery + 1 day NOT 3 days.

But the release of funds is slower at the moment due to reduced staff to process the payments.

You could live chat or email on Monday if not released and ask them to do so manually?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ohlunalane
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried the live chat but is a bot so it just give me the automatic advice to wait or make sure I have added tracking information. I understand the loss of staff for the covid-19, I guess I have just to wait. Thanks to all for the help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.