Money not in account but paid by buyer

Keithinoz
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on Ebay. I received an email from Paypal directing me to accept the payment. However the money was transferred from Ebay to Paypal to the wrong account. I have confirmed that the buyer's bank account has been debited from the correct amount.

I have looked at the account that the money was sent to and it is not there nor is it in my normal Paypal account. I tried to involve the Resolution Centre but there seems to be no way to actually present my case. I spoke to the help desk who said the problem was with Ebay but Ebay says it sent the money which must be true since I received the "accept payment" email. It seems to me that the money is somewhere in the Paypal system.

Where do I go next?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keithinoz 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keithinoz 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Keithinoz
Contributor
Contributor

Remarkably the money turned up 10 minutes after posting

Login to Me Too

HowardSue
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** By Pay Pal   I was paid by the buyer.   It’s not Pay Pals  money  I want my money so I can print a shipping label 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.