Money not deducted from Paypal balance

karaj

I made an online purchase today to a european online company and I did receive an email confirming the order but the amount has not been deducted from my paypal balance. why is that? Did the merchant not receive the money? My preferred method of payment is through my paypal balance and i do have sufficient funds to pay for it. PLease help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karaj

If the funds in your paypal balance were not in the currency of the merchant then paypal would have used your back up funding source ie card or bank account, check to see.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

karaj

No, its not there either. Does paypal pay the merchant first before deducting my balance?

i have my bank account listed but id prefer they use my paypal balance.

Login to Me Too

karaj

@kernowlass

No, its not there either. Does paypal pay the merchant first before deducting my balance?

i have my bank account listed but id prefer they use my paypal balance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karaj

They do pay the merchant upfront to allow for the transfer of funds from your bank account or card BUT if you funded it from your balance then it would be deducted instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

karaj

@kernowlass

Is it possible for me to call customer service to make sure they deduct from my balance instead?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karaj

Call them if you wish but its an automatic process and normally you can't change the funding source once the transaction is marked as completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.