Money is waiting for you

pamtxx11
Contributor
Contributor

I've don't use PayPal often, only twice so far to send money to people.  I just logged on and there's a box that says "money is waiting for you - Claim it".  There's nothing in my activity that shows someone sent it to me.  Is this legit?  I've also been searching all over the site for a phone number to call someone at PayPal to ask this question, but can't find a number.  At the bottom of the page is the link for Contact Us...but nothing leads me to a number.  Thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pamtxx11

Is the email address that you received the one linked to your Paypal account?

Did it show the payment in a different currency?

Have you sent the email to spoof@paypal.com to see if its genuine?

If so then................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pamtxx11
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions.  I don't think I ever received an email regarding it.  I just logged in today to send money to someone and saw it.  I'll try to contact PayPal per your suggestions.  Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.