Money Taken from credit card but transaction failed

DavidCPT
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I made an online purchase and paid using PayPal. Money was taken from my credit card but the transaction failed to go through to the vendor. I have tried contacting PayPal but the help is pretty useless. Chat says no agents available. Phone says not working due to Covid and dispute cant be done without a transaction showing in your transaction history. All pretty sad for a company of this size.

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DavidCPT 

Hi,

Simply wait for the authorization to expire in a few days, up to 30 days, depending on your card. Beyond 30 days, contact your card to void it for you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DavidCPT
Contributor
Contributor

Well if that's the only route I would rather contact my credit card company and ask them to cancel it or perhaps I should point out to them that this is fraud?

This does not give me much confidence in using PayPal as there is no customer support.

Login to Me Too

DavidCPT
Contributor
Contributor

So I tried this transaction for a second time with exactly the same result. So how does one get support from PayPal?? Even if the money is refunded it does not help me to complete my purchase.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.