Money Taken From Wrong Account

moonwalk7
New Community Member

I paid for an order using the same account I use to pay with every month, which HAS enough funds in it. The money this time was not taken out of that account, it was taken from my checking which did not have enough funds. I clicked on the correct account at the time I paid, which always has sufficient funds to pay for the order. Now I'm being charged $25 by my bank to cover the transaction when it should not have been taken out of checking. What happened and why???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

carts64
New Community Member

I have had the same problem - 3 times in the last month. A payment designated to my credit card has been taken out of my bank account resulting in debit interest charges. Without intervention Paypal has then credited my bank account a day or 2 later and debited my originally intended credit card as if they have realised their mistake somehow? I have called them 3 times today only to be left on hold then cut off. Any suggestions other than moving to a different payment platform?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.